With the imminent arrival of basketball to Ultimate Champions, we’d like to provide you with more information about the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague, some key facts, and the history of the clubs that participate in this competition.
Let’s “shoot” right into it.
What is the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague?
The EuroLeague, also known as the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague, is a top-tier European professional basketball competition. The league was founded on June 9th, 2000.
How many clubs are there in the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague?
There are currently a total of 18 clubs participating in the competition. Here you can find the full list of clubs by country:
- Germany — ALBA Berlin, FC Bayern Munich Basketball
- Turkey — Anadolu Efes Istanbul, Fenerbahce Beko Istanbul
- Monaco — AS Monaco
- Spain — Cazoo Baskonia Vitoria-Gasteiz, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia Basket
- Serbia — Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade, Partizan Mozzart Bet Belgrade
- Italy — EA7 Emporio Armani Milan, Virtus Segafredo Bologna
- France — LDLC ASVEL Villeurbanne
- Israel — Maccabi Playtika Tel Aviv
- Greece — Olympiacos Piraeus, Panathinaikos Athens
- Lithuania — Zalgiris Kaunas
How is the competition structured?
The competition is divided into three stages — the Regular Season, Playoffs and Final Four.
Double round-robin format with a total of 34 games played, where each team faces the other teams twice throughout the entire regular season. The best eight teams qualify for the Playoffs.
The eight teams that advance from the regular season will face off in a best-of-five series, with the winners advancing to the Final Four.
The Final Four features two semi-final games, a third-place game, and a championship game, all contested on the same weekend.
Who are the current champions, and which club holds the most championships overall?
At the moment, Anadolu Efes Istanbul are the current champions. The Turkish team won the 2020–21 & 2021–22 championship games.
The club with the most championships is Real Madrid (from Spain), with a total of 10 titles.