Production Update — January 2023
We hope you had a wonderful holiday season, got some well-deserved rest, and are eager to start this year. We know we are! 💪
Here’s what you can find in this article:
- A summary of recent updates
- A sneak peek at the next release
- An update on basketball development and the BNB chain implementation
December in review
December has been a whirlwind with many exciting updates in the game (Garen, Gnar and economy updates). Here are some of the things that happened last month:
- Mobile-friendly navigation
- An improved onboarding experience for new managers with auto-draft and auto-register features (and mobile friendly!)
- Mobile-friendly team builders in leagues and tournaments
- We now allow managers to trade cards while they are registered in teams
- Marketplace listings expire after 3 days (72 hours)
- Reward tiers in tournaments — podium spots are now guaranteed a star athlete (you can find the current list of star athletes here), while all other winners get a random card from our entire pool of active athletes (including the stars)
- Partnership with PlaySharper
Everyone, meet Hecarim
Up next in our pipeline, we have the Hecarim update which is focusing on further marketplace-related improvements. Here’s what’s included:
- New mobile-friendly marketplace
- Mobile-friendly collection
- Mobile-friendly NFT page including the entire transaction pipeline (buying and selling cards)
- Search improvements
In the process, we are also introducing some handy shortcuts like quick buy and sell buttons on card tiles. Additionally, we are removing the option of Coinbase purchases.
As part of this update, on top of the current sorting options (by date of listing and price), we’re introducing a new one that will point out the best deals on the market in a way that will be equally accessible to everyone.
The best deals will be determined based on the athletes’ score (a combination of last 5 and last 20, which is noted as the Draft Price below), cards’ modifiers, and price, according to this formula:
(Athlete Draft Price * (Rarity + Condition)) / Price of the card
This one has been a thorn in everyone’s side and it’s finally fixed! Search will now work with names spelled using regular English alphabet, instead of only diacritics, and will be able to find search terms located in the middle of the words. 🔍
BNB chain implementation
Before the end of January, in a stand-alone update, we’ll release our new smart contract to support multiple blockchains. This release should be seamless and transparent for our managers and we should continue the operations normally.
Options on sales
However, in order to stabilize the cross-chain payments, and payments in general, we will introduce a new feature on the smart contract: options on sales.
Essentially, when a sale has an option, it means that someone is currently trying to buy it, and the card is reserved for that buyer for a limited amount of time (for example, no more than 3 minutes or until the transaction is processed).
While the option lasts:
- Nobody except the user that has the option (the buyer) will be able to interact with the sale (destroying, editing or selling to another user will be impossible)
- The sale will still exist, and if the payment fails for some reason, the sale will be available to all users again after the option expires
- The buyer won’t be able to purchase any other cards — each user will only be able to have one payment processing at a time on the marketplace.
Options will work the same for all payment methods (credit card, multi-chain payments or any other).
If you’ve got a keen eye, maybe you’ve spotted the switcher between different sports in the screenshots above. We’re currently wrapping up the basketball card designs, which we’ll share with you soon. And then it’s on to the rest of the basketball features! 🙌🏀
That’s it for now, Champs! Stay tuned for more news and let’s make this year even better than the last! 🚀